Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bollywood doctors-Life is going to be hell for you:):)


Yup!! I am back. It is my first article in this year. It has been a very happening and eventful year for me till now. I got married to my sweetheart in Jan 31st after overcoming a short cold battle with my parents. I am really thankful to everyone who supported me during this tough phase of my life. But today I can say “All izzz well that ends well”

My dad and my cool father-in-law enjoy each other’s company. They love to talk about today’s generation (their attitude, blunders bla bla). My mom has got a Damadji” who she thinks to be more polite and gentle than me. Being  a writer(I think of myself—hahaha) my main focus is to bring about the reality in front of everyone irrespective of the taste- sweet or bitter. I hope she understands why I am so un-polite and un-gentle. Deepika, my sis-in-law with whom I really enjoy sharing all girlie talks. So everything seems going on in a perfect track.

BlogDosts, I apologize for the long hibernation. The delay was basically due to the confusion in picking up a very spicy topic for you. So many things have happened in the last few spans of months---WOW. Lots of travel, lots of  new people around, lots of  new and full of surprising activities going around and many more. I was really at a dilemma about what to write and what not to. I really felt very nostalgic when I had visited my in- laws place in Assam. Wow!! the same place, the same green valley with huge mountains standing far away at the horizons, the same place where I have spend  some of my most memorable childhood years! It’s here where I have started my schooling! It’s  the place where I had studied up to the 4th std! It’s the place where my school still stands there to witness my first encounter with the world of friend and friendship. Yes, it is the place where I  had made friendship with the first friend of  my life! Above all, this place is now again going to be etched in my life as the  birth place of my husband! But simultaneously it made me upset when I saw the grim situation of the North- East.[ Going to tell u in my very next topic.]

But yesterday afternoon while laying on the bed while listening to “Tera naina”, a song from “My name is khan’ in radio fm, suddenly this topic came to my mind. The long confusion has just come to an end at last. I have decided to pen it down and share with u all.

Like many Indians I am an absolute sucker of Hindi movies. Life changes as time passes. While I was at school, I never used to miss any movies broadcasted in the channel DD2 at 9pm every Saturday and Sunday. In college, specially, during my MTech days I had used to bunk classes and accompanied friends to non ac cinema halls to watch movies even though it was a flop movie. Today as I am earning, use to frequent theatre halls like Adlabs and Inox. However, I sometimes end up with DVDs and online movies due to scarcity of time. But love for movie has not changed a bit. It is still same and this love has helped me to notice some unremarkable changes in our Bollywood films. Changes are inevitable .So same for Bollywood also. Bollywood movies have changed a lot in every dimension like dressing, choreography, dialogues, shooting locations etc.

One more change that I have noticed and which I believe u guys too would agree with me are the uncommon and unheard diseases the hero is diagnosed with in modern Hindi films. Once upon a time heroes used to suffer from disease like TB and Cancer. But today the situation has become slightly different.  Now-a-days, the name of the diseases that a hero is diagnosed with in most of the modern movies cannot even be properly pronounced by the common man instantly let alone knowing what the disease actually is.

We have seen our cute Darshael in “Tare Zamin Mein” was suffering from Dyslexia. Amir khan was suffering from short term memory i.e. Anterograde Amnesia in “Ghazni”. Amitav Bachhan suffered from Alzheimer's disease in “Black”. Only few years back Sharukh Khan was suffering from cancer in “Kal Ho Na Ho”.  But  in “My Name is Khan” he was an  Asperger  patient.

We need to go Google-ing to understand all these medical terms. And one more thing if you would have noticed is that these protagonist in the old movies are tried to cure by doctors. They had to visit their doctor regularly- like Sharukh and Rajesh Khanna went  to doctors for their medical checkups in “Kal Ho Na Ho” and “Anand” respectively. However, today in the modern movies, they do not need doctors and their medicines as well, to get rid of those unheard diseases. What they want is just love and support from their loved ones.  Like Rani Mukherjee supported Amitabh in “Black”, Kajol supported Sharukh in “My name is Khan”, Jia Khan took care of Amir in “Ghajni” and Amir’s love in “Tare Zameen Mein” gave strength to Darsheel. What could be the actual reason for this sudden change? Well we can do a real debate on this topic later on but now what I feel is that the character of a doctor in Bollywood movies is at stake. The day might not be too far away when doctors in Bollywood would be a history. If things are going on like this, Bollywood doctors have to think about some new job. My best wishes are with them.

4 comments:

  1. It's a gr8 piece of writing...I really loved the way u have portrayed the fate of the Bollywood Doctors...Keep it Up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nt bad bt it was far away frm d main topic...its confusing..waz d main subject of d blog try shorten it concentrate on d point..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah sayantan ,i was very much aware of this while writing but there were lot of things to share with u all so i could nt stop myself.thanks for ur suggestion.will take care of it in the future:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also agree with Sayantan. You had kept the reader from main topic for a long time :) One thing you can do. Write a short story about your marriage and after married life :) All d best for ur next writings.

    ReplyDelete